• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Why Germany didnt develop a heavy bomber force.

Started by ldub23, April 04, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solar

Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

Sick Of Silence

I though Germans were better with tanks than planes.
Social Media are multi-national billion dollar corporations with foreign investors that are going unchecked with the power to effect our election process.

"Book burnings" have evolved into "de-plat forming". Its the same principles behind both: to eliminate accessible knowledge.

ldub23

Quote from: Sick Of Silence on April 04, 2021, 11:38:10 AM
I though Germans were better with tanks than planes.

Being a  mostly  landlocked continental power they were  more interested  in air  power supporting the army.

Hoofer

Quote from: ldub23 on April 04, 2021, 11:25:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znSAv2f1lJw
It sure is easy to come across as an expert, as they seem to have all the answers, when most of the people of that time are dead, and history is largely vanished into landfills.   It's a waste of my time, to debunk some of these wild-eyed conclusions made by these arm-chair historians who probably spend 99% of their research online, and 1% reading actual accounts which can be equally biased.

True, the victor controls the history, but, these Youtube historians pop up today and are gone tomorrow, with no one to ever hold them accountable for their inaccurate claims.  Why... are we so susceptible to blind faith in a Youtube video, and discount volumes of historical details in books written at that time?

It's one thing to cite FACTUAL troop movements, actual battles, but it's a GUESS how many were killed or wounded on either site, both sides lied!   Whenever someone says, "The real reason so-and-so ... " or "The truth of Germany or Britain's ... ", 80 years after the dust has settled, they are GUESSING, probably exaggerating too.  Some of these guys love to just stand or sit there & TALK, occasionally throw up a few graphics - they're more interested in being on camera, and will make outlandish claims to keep you coming back .... "Ohhh... this week's deepest, darkest secrets, by Jack S...." are purely conjecture!

IMO - post your OWN material.  Or, are you suggesting, you've vetted 100% of these Youtube videos, and are willing to provide LINKS to all the background research, citing books & authors, actual video clips of that event, etc., to bolster their claims?  I've seen the SAME sinking ship videos in 30-40 Youtube videos, all claiming something slightly different - so, why do these lazy, arm-chair Youtube historians slap this crap together?  Oh, they're making money ... silly me...
All animals are created equal; Some just take longer to cook.   Survival is keeping an eye on those around you...

winterset

always beware of anyone trying to revise history without a whole lot of NEW previously unknown information.

These video's are basically todays version of the circus side show carny.

Germany did not develop a long range heavy bomber because Goering saw no need for one.

And this has been known since right after the war when he was asked while a prisoner. and nothing has ever been found to dispute that.

Someone that had bothered to do any research on this subject would know that right away.

The fact that the idiot making this video did not do even that much basic research tells you all you need to know.

Solar

Quote from: winterset on April 04, 2021, 10:46:36 PM
always beware of anyone trying to revise history without a whole lot of NEW previously unknown information.

These video's are basically todays version of the circus side show carny.

Germany did not develop a long range heavy bomber because Goering saw no need for one.

And this has been known since right after the war when he was asked while a prisoner. and nothing has ever been found to dispute that.

Someone that had bothered to do any research on this subject would know that right away.

The fact that the idiot making this video did not do even that much basic research tells you all you need to know.
Nailed it!!!
Only the gullible would sit for hours and suck this in. They're nothing less that youtubes version of Alaska's Ice Truckers, all staged to create an illusion.
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

Hoofer

Quote from: winterset on April 04, 2021, 10:46:36 PM
always beware of anyone trying to revise history without a whole lot of NEW previously unknown information.

These video's are basically todays version of the circus side show carny.

Germany did not develop a long range heavy bomber because Goering saw no need for one.

And this has been known since right after the war when he was asked while a prisoner. and nothing has ever been found to dispute that.

Someone that had bothered to do any research on this subject would know that right away.

The fact that the idiot making this video did not do even that much basic research tells you all you need to know.

Exactly!   While I don't want to be accused of being Herman Goering's advocate - the guy was very, very smart, and forward thinking - I've read his biography (in the 1980s).  He was very successful, addicted or not, the guy was a perfect for his role, just as Karl Donitz was for the Submarine fleet.   I laugh when these new historians claim the reason for Erwin Rommel's success in Africa was his spying - yet, they fail to mention Enigma was cracked before WW2 began, the Poles tried to give Enigma to the Brits - but they had to break it the hard way!   Oh... sure, it was the superior Brits (Montie) and overwhelming force (USA) that eventually drove Rommel out of Africa..
:ttoung: :ttoung: :ttoung: :ttoung: :ttoung: :ttoung:

Youtube is ENTERTAINMENT - not history.   Trust me... I useto watch Mythbusters - nothing gets past me anymore!    :lol: :lol: :lol:
All animals are created equal; Some just take longer to cook.   Survival is keeping an eye on those around you...

ldub23

I dont agree and the  videos provide links for the  info. There  is far  more to germany not developing a heavy  bomber force than Goering.

Hoofer

Quote from: Solar on April 04, 2021, 11:52:58 PM
Nailed it!!!
Only the gullible would sit for hours and suck this in. They're nothing less that youtubes version of Alaska's Ice Truckers, all staged to create an illusion.

Years ago, Public Television did a series, "The Farmer's Wife" - something like that.  Dramatized, created a whole false narrative - the woman (wife) later went on to complain they did a heavy edit job, like 60 minutes, and created lots of drama, a rather entertaining, fictional account.  One scene she runs out of the trailer, it was to turn off the water to a stock tank or something...  PBS added narrative, making it sound like she was "running out on her husband" (something crazy like that).  Fiction!  After that kind of BS, nobody wants to ever be a farmer or married to one.... pure poison.

So... being the prankster I am...   April fools day, Wifey runs to the store for something.  I texted my kids, "Mom has left me, she didn't say why, she just hopped into the truck and took off!!"    ... I let them speculate on what an awful Dad & husband I was/am for about 1/2hr, till I couldn't take it anymore...
"What did YOU do to her, Dad!?!?!"
"Was she crying when she left?"
"Why was she so upset?"
"Praying for HER ..."

I replied with something like ... "Peas & carrots for dinner".   I guess, you only get one shot at that in a lifetime, so milk it good!
All animals are created equal; Some just take longer to cook.   Survival is keeping an eye on those around you...

midcan5

I'm not going to pretend I know lots about this topic but some key elements for me is the fact Hitler won some early battles and failed to realize that he bit off more than he should have. Invading Russian was stupid as he assumed it would fall as other nations had. Even the weather there was ignored. Russia is large and Stalin was no fool. As far as bombers etc, this was early in war technology. Imagine if Hitler had sat back and waited till rockets etc were developed? But hubris brings down those who think they can do no wrong.   

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/08/hitler-germany-campaign-collapsed
Working class American, husband, father, grandpa, veteran, and still high on life.

Solar

Quote from: Hoofer on April 05, 2021, 12:56:04 AM
Years ago, Public Television did a series, "The Farmer's Wife" - something like that.  Dramatized, created a whole false narrative - the woman (wife) later went on to complain they did a heavy edit job, like 60 minutes, and created lots of drama, a rather entertaining, fictional account.  One scene she runs out of the trailer, it was to turn off the water to a stock tank or something...  PBS added narrative, making it sound like she was "running out on her husband" (something crazy like that).  Fiction!  After that kind of BS, nobody wants to ever be a farmer or married to one.... pure poison.

So... being the prankster I am...   April fools day, Wifey runs to the store for something.  I texted my kids, "Mom has left me, she didn't say why, she just hopped into the truck and took off!!"    ... I let them speculate on what an awful Dad & husband I was/am for about 1/2hr, till I couldn't take it anymore...
"What did YOU do to her, Dad!?!?!"
"Was she crying when she left?"
"Why was she so upset?"
"Praying for HER ..."

I replied with something like ... "Peas & carrots for dinner".   I guess, you only get one shot at that in a lifetime, so milk it good!
Yeah, the History Chanel is nothing more than pabulum for the masses yearning for a historical rewrite to make socialists look good.
So, do you still beat your wife? :lol:
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

Hoofer

Quote from: midcan5 on April 05, 2021, 01:00:10 AM
I'm not going to pretend I know lots about this topic but some key elements for me is the fact Hitler won some early battles and failed to realize that he bit off more than he should have. Invading Russian was stupid as he assumed it would fall as other nations had. Even the weather there was ignored. Russia is large and Stalin was no fool. As far as bombers etc, this was early in war technology. Imagine if Hitler had sat back and waited till rockets etc were developed? But hubris brings down those who think they can do no wrong.   

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/08/hitler-germany-campaign-collapsed
France had superior Tanks than Germany, but was locked into their WW1 defensive strategy.   Brains beat brawn.
Hitler broke his own rule of never fighting on a 2nd front (Russia) - (this is a huge topic, evolved fast) - there is no 5 easy answers, weather, armament, supply lines, general's, paranoia of Hitler & command staff, infighting, Stalin purges of his command staff, etc., but, Germany got pretty darn close to Moscow.

I wonder... if Technology wins wars, how did Germany get so far, starting from behind France, Great Brittan, with such limitations, to what they *did* have?
Smarter, Innovative Generals!   (... huh...?  Hitler trusted them...? yeah, I wasted an hour watching that a few weeks ago...)
All animals are created equal; Some just take longer to cook.   Survival is keeping an eye on those around you...