• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
September 24, 2021, 01:22:04 PM

Rosenberg Diaries Found!

Started by TboneAgain, June 13, 2013, 11:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TboneAgain

Alfred Rosenberg was an "important" Nazi. He is considered what may pass as an "intellectual" in a decidedly non-intellectual political movement. Something like 600 pages of his hand-written diary have been recently discovered in upstate New York.

Zowie!
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. -- Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; IT IS FORCE. -- George Washington

mdgiles

Quote from: TboneAgain on June 13, 2013, 11:43:18 AM
Alfred Rosenberg was an "important" Nazi. He is considered what may pass as an "intellectual" in a decidedly non-intellectual political movement. Something like 600 pages of his hand-written diary have been recently discovered in upstate New York.

Zowie!
Wasn't he the party ideologue, similar to the position held by Mikhail Suslov in the Soviet Politburo?
"LIBERALS: their willful ignorance is rivaled only by their catastrophic stupidity"!

TboneAgain

Quote from: mdgiles on June 24, 2013, 12:45:11 AM
Wasn't he the party ideologue, similar to the position held by Mikhail Suslov in the Soviet Politburo?

Rosenberg probably didn't wear shoes that big in Hitler's Germany. Adolf himself appointed him a party leader in 1923 on the occasion of Adolf's imprisonment after the Beer Hall Putsch, but later dismissed his choice as one of convenience of a man too weak and nondescript to pose a threat to Hitler on his release and anticipated reassumption of power.

In that year, Rosenberg became the editor of the Völkischer Beobachter, the newspaper that became the primary voice of the Nazi Party. His views on racial purity especially were disseminated through that outlet.

I frankly do not understand why he was tried for war crimes and executed.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. -- Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; IT IS FORCE. -- George Washington

daidalos

Quote from: TboneAgain on June 24, 2013, 05:27:31 AM
Rosenberg probably didn't wear shoes that big in Hitler's Germany. Adolf himself appointed him a party leader in 1923 on the occasion of Adolf's imprisonment after the Beer Hall Putsch, but later dismissed his choice as one of convenience of a man too weak and nondescript to pose a threat to Hitler on his release and anticipated reassumption of power.

In that year, Rosenberg became the editor of the Völkischer Beobachter, the newspaper that became the primary voice of the Nazi Party. His views on racial purity especially were disseminated through that outlet.

I frankly do not understand why he was tried for war crimes and executed.

Revenge. Oh I know it's so impolitic to state it, but that's the blunt truth. Nuremberg was about payback every bit as much as it was about legality and justice for the "victims" of the Nazi's.

And rightly so too if you ask me. After all this political organization, with it's evil views, plunged the entire world into war.
One of every five Americans you meet has a mental illness of some sort. Many, many, of our veteran's suffer from mental illness like PTSD now also. Help if ya can. :) http://www.projectsemicolon.org/share-your-story.html
And no you won't find my "story" there. They don't allow science fiction. :)