Conservative Political Forum

General Category => Entertainment => Videos => Topic started by: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:02:31 AM

Title: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:02:31 AM
quiller, we do need to get to the bottom of the video problem.  Post videos here for testing, and when you find one, let me know and I'll investigate further...
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 12, 2015, 05:08:17 AM
Quote from: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:02:31 AM
quiller, we do need to get to the bottom of the video problem.  Post videos here for testing, and when you find one, let me know and I'll investigate further...

For some reason now, the "thumbnail" (or reduced-size) YouTube screen *DOES* show up in the finished post, and also stays there after the thread and browser are closed and reopened. The "thumb" does flicker briefly and shows the you-botched-it image we HAD been seeing before, but then it goes to the desired YouTube post. I suppose that's being unrealistically optimistic to say the issue is fixed...for now.

There IS a new build of Simple Machines out there, and a bunch of add-ons that may include a more permanent fix. I can't understand a great deal of it but recommend you give it a shot and see what comes up.

Oh. One thing. I was getting this on my Windows 7 machine. I don't own an Amiga.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:13:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHLXnQutHo
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:20:24 AM
Quote from: quiller on May 12, 2015, 05:08:17 AM
For some reason now, the "thumbnail" (or reduced-size) YouTube screen *DOES* show up in the finished post, and also stays there after the thread and browser are closed and reopened. The "thumb" does flicker briefly and shows the you-botched-it image we HAD been seeing before, but then it goes to the desired YouTube post. I suppose that's being unrealistically optimistic to say the issue is fixed...for now.

There IS a new build of Simple Machines out there, and a bunch of add-ons that may include a more permanent fix. I can't understand a great deal of it but recommend you give it a shot and see what comes up.

Oh. One thing. I was getting this on my Windows 7 machine. I don't own an Amiga.

Weird.  Let me know if this starts happening again.  For now, am I correct in assuming there is no video problem?

We're running the latest version of SMF stable.  If you think we're behind, please let me know.

Regarding your version of Windows, maybe make sure you're running the latest version of your virus software.  Could be that has something to do with it.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:28:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovz-VvVhJIM
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: walkstall on May 12, 2015, 06:07:25 AM
Quote from: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:20:24 AM
Weird.  Let me know if this starts happening again.  For now, am I correct in assuming there is no video problem?

We're running the latest version of SMF stable.  If you think we're behind, please let me know.

Regarding your version of Windows, maybe make sure you're running the latest version of your virus software.  Could be that has something to do with it.

This A.M. it was not posting videos only the address line, but now the board is posting by taking the S out again.   Thing that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.   
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: Solar on May 12, 2015, 10:45:03 AM
Quote from: taxed on May 12, 2015, 05:20:24 AM
Weird.  Let me know if this starts happening again.  For now, am I correct in assuming there is no video problem?

We're running the latest version of SMF stable.  If you think we're behind, please let me know.

Regarding your version of Windows, maybe make sure you're running the latest version of your virus software.  Could be that has something to do with it.
I read even MacCafee can't recognize virus issues embedded in youtube apps.
Ohhh, the irony!!!
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 12, 2015, 02:30:47 PM
Quote from: Solar on May 12, 2015, 10:45:03 AM
I read even MacCafee can't recognize virus issues embedded in youtube apps.
Ohhh, the irony!!!

He should probably clean his cookies and cache, at least every 30 minutes, just to be safe.  He has the Rock Hudson of computers...
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 12, 2015, 10:54:32 PM
Quote from: taxed on May 12, 2015, 02:30:47 PM
He should probably clean his cookies and cache, at least every 30 minutes, just to be safe.  He has the Rock Hudson of computers...
My cookies and cache get cleaned every time I close my browser. On a Windows 7 Pro machine.

Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: Solar on May 12, 2015, 11:18:24 PM
Quote from: taxed on May 12, 2015, 02:30:47 PM
He should probably clean his cookies and cache, at least every 30 minutes, just to be safe.  He has the Rock Hudson of computers...
Yeah, rebooting every 30 minutes along with clearing all track of ones existence on the web, and rebirth anew, is the only answer.
Hell, several accounts under aliases, maybe 30 or more might be a good start.

Man, can you imagine if you visited porn sites? Your computer would never be your own again.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 13, 2015, 04:58:34 AM
Quote from: quiller on May 12, 2015, 10:54:32 PM
My cookies and cache get cleaned every time I close my browser. On a Windows 7 Pro machine.
I know, you do have a top of the line virus distribution system:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/05/12/windows-7-and-windows-vista-more-at-risk-to-viruses-than-windows-xp-says-microsoft/

Also, make sure if you share files with someone, you let them know you could be a carrier, since MicroSoft says your system, in particular, is the most at risk to viruses more than any other system in use, for any operating system, in the world.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 14, 2015, 01:17:15 AM
Are you saying that this is being caused by some sort of virus? I use Malwarebytes paid, with frequent crosschecks in other programs.

This is getting a bit disjointed, with another thread also discussing this particular issue. As I understand it, onhe of two methods now does work here and the reduced-size Youtube image will post, and not just the text-link.

Test #1....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAB2HjxzZ9Q

Test #2 (no "s")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAB2HjxzZ9Q
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 14, 2015, 01:23:33 AM
I cleared absolutely everything and returned here, signed in again, and got the same image both with "https" and with "http" in the URL. Evidently, Thumper managed to fix the issue.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 14, 2015, 01:52:26 AM
Quote from: quiller on May 14, 2015, 01:23:33 AM
I cleared absolutely everything and returned here, signed in again, and got the same image both with "https" and with "http" in the URL. Evidently, Thumper managed to fix the issue.

Excellent.  If you hit any more issues, run your virus scan a few times and see if anything pops up, and if it still doesn't work, let me know.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 14, 2015, 02:04:29 AM
Quote from: taxed on May 13, 2015, 04:58:34 AM
I know, you do have a top of the line virus distribution system:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/05/12/windows-7-and-windows-vista-more-at-risk-to-viruses-than-windows-xp-says-microsoft/

Also, make sure if you share files with someone, you let them know you could be a carrier, since MicroSoft says your system, in particular, is the most at risk to viruses more than any other system in use, for any operating system, in the world.

I find it simply fascinating that you mocked me viciously for using Windows XP, and now that I took your advice and upgraded past Vista, you still can't shake that overtone.  :lol: :lol:

(http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rsrgfrqrswrwgsqxbqfqsbrwqdbw,vi/rkdqsbtsqxrgkswtgtrxwfbgbbwwq/1/1595431/13000657/geeksanother_linuxdenier-vi.png)
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 14, 2015, 02:09:44 AM
Quote from: quiller on May 14, 2015, 02:04:29 AM
I find it simply fascinating that you mocked me viciously for using Windows XP, and now that I took your advice and upgraded past Vista, you still can't shake that overtone.  :lol: :lol:

(http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rsrgfrqrswrwgsqxbqfqsbrwqdbw,vi/rkdqsbtsqxrgkswtgtrxwfbgbbwwq/1/1595431/13000657/geeksanother_linuxdenier-vi.png)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 14, 2015, 02:21:15 AM
It was the studio name, yes?  :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 14, 2015, 06:42:13 AM
Quote from: quiller on May 14, 2015, 02:21:15 AM
It was the studio name, yes?  :rolleyes:

(http://regmedia.co.uk/2012/06/18/torvalds_bird.jpg)
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: mrclose on May 17, 2015, 11:09:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7aE_n6_2A

http://youtu.be/Sn7aE_n6_2A
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 01:18:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxLxgnXvNfs

This one will not post taxed.
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 20, 2015, 02:20:17 PM
Quote from: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 01:18:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxLxgnXvNfs

This one will not post taxed.

It works for me...
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: taxed on May 20, 2015, 02:20:17 PM
It works for me...

Ok why is it taking so long for it to show up????
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: taxed on May 20, 2015, 03:09:34 PM
Quote from: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 02:31:26 PM
Ok why is it taking so long for it to show up????

It is quick for me... but I'm on a fast connection...
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: taxed on May 20, 2015, 03:09:34 PM
It is quick for me... but I'm on a fast connection...

I am on WiFi for 87 miles. 
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 20, 2015, 09:29:46 PM
Loaded OK for me. Even without Linux.  :ttoung:
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 20, 2015, 09:34:30 PM
Quote from: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 03:17:53 PM
I am on WiFi for 87 miles.
You've mentioned this before. Must be one heckuva strong originating signal, plus your receiver. Is this wi-fi free?
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: quiller on May 20, 2015, 09:34:30 PM
You've mentioned this before. Must be one heckuva strong originating signal, plus your receiver. Is this wi-fi free?

No!  but it's the only thing out this way, other then landline.
My down load speed  2.20Mbps up load 2.13Mbps
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 20, 2015, 11:03:37 PM
Quote from: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 10:33:17 PM
No!  but it's the only thing out this way, other then landline.
My down load speed  2.20Mbps up load 2.13Mbps
Well, based on the most recent information supplied to me, if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can always downgrade to Windows XP and expect improvement in some areas.  :biggrin:

(de debbil made me say dat)
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 11:12:07 PM
Quote from: quiller on May 20, 2015, 11:03:37 PM
Well, based on the most recent information supplied to me, if you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can always downgrade to Windows XP and expect improvement in some areas.  :biggrin:

(de debbil made me say dat)


:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: quiller on May 20, 2015, 11:24:06 PM
Quote from: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 11:12:07 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Got a good emoji for shuffling my feet and poking one finger in my Shirley Temple dimpled cheek?
Title: Re: Video test thread
Post by: Solar on May 21, 2015, 12:41:32 AM
Quote from: walkstall on May 20, 2015, 02:31:26 PM
Ok why is it taking so long for it to show up????
There seems to be a delay when posting. I too posted a video and it didn't show for a whole 5 minutes. :blink: