• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
September 24, 2021, 10:44:13 PM

Welcome Thread for New Members

Started by walkstall, March 02, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solar

Quote from: rich_t on April 22, 2012, 12:11:54 AM
Good morning all.  I found this place while searching for a new conservative forum to post on.

After spending some time reading various threads here, I thought I'd sign up and participate.

Will I always have to fill out the verification questions?  If so, I may not be here long. 
If you are still having a problem, contact Taxed, he fixed it last time this happened.
And welcome to the forum. :cool:

Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

quiller

Quote from: CubaLibre on April 22, 2012, 11:59:38 PM
I think it goes away after the first ten posts. At least that's how it was when I was a newbie.

I can't remember my first 30 seconds here. By then I had at least that many.

VegasGeorge

Hello fellow conservatives!  I felt the need for a forum in which to vent and share my thoughts.  This looked like a good one.  I'm excited to get started.

I'm a retired guy.  I have numerous hobbies, including guitar, Zumba, and my English Bulldogs.  I've been married since before God took Adam's rib, or at least it seems that way.  I have rather definite and strongly held opinions.  I'm outspoken and direct.  I won't engage in any name calling or personal attacks on this board, but if you feel your ears burning while reading my comments, I'm probably talking about you.  :ttoung:

My real political interest is in kicking the communists, totalitarian socialists, and atheists out of our government.  And that includes kicking them out of our school systems.

I look forward to participating with you all.
"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."  - Lewis Carroll

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SinCityRamblings.com

Solar

Quote from: VegasGeorge on May 27, 2012, 08:17:48 AM
Hello fellow conservatives!  I felt the need for a forum in which to vent and share my thoughts.  This looked like a good one.  I'm excited to get started.

I'm a retired guy.  I have numerous hobbies, including guitar, Zumba, and my English Bulldogs.  I've been married since before God took Adam's rib, or at least it seems that way.  I have rather definite and strongly held opinions.  I'm outspoken and direct.  I won't engage in any name calling or personal attacks on this board, but if you feel your ears burning while reading my comments, I'm probably talking about you.  :ttoung:

My real political interest is in kicking the communists, totalitarian socialists, and atheists out of our government.  And that includes kicking them out of our school systems.

I look forward to participating with you all.
Welcome VG, you should fit nicely with the rest of us old farts. :thumbsup:
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

walkstall

Quote from: Solar on May 27, 2012, 08:42:39 AM
Welcome VG, you should fit nicely with the rest of us old farts. :thumbsup:

Hmmm..... :glare: Now what would a young person like you know about old farts.   :lol:  :lol:   :popcorn:
A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Always remember "Feelings Aren't Facts."

Solar

Quote from: walkstall on May 28, 2012, 10:48:35 AM
Hmmm..... :glare: Now what would a young person like you know about old farts.   :lol:  :lol:   :popcorn:
Time is irrelevant, the mileage is what counts, and this old farts body passed the million mile mark decades ago.
I'd bet you outlive me, but then, how would I collect from the grave. :rolleyes:
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

walkstall

Quote from: Solar on May 28, 2012, 10:57:17 AM
Time is irrelevant, the mileage is what counts, and this old farts body passed the million mile mark decades ago.
I'd bet you outlive me, but then, how would I collect from the grave. :rolleyes:

I am working hard at seeing my Great great great grandkids.  :laugh:
A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Always remember "Feelings Aren't Facts."

Solar

Quote from: walkstall on May 28, 2012, 11:02:12 AM
I am working hard at seeing my Great great great grandkids.  :laugh:
You'll make it, I'm sure....
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

quiller

Quote from: walkstall on May 28, 2012, 10:48:35 AM
Hmmm..... :glare: Now what would a young person like you know about old farts.   :lol:  :lol:   :popcorn:

Kids, eh?  :biggrin:


walkstall

Quote from: quiller on May 29, 2012, 12:37:56 AM
Kids, eh?  :biggrin:




Be nice or N will put you to bed without dinner.    :smile:
A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Always remember "Feelings Aren't Facts."

Door Kicker

I'm a dad and a Marine infantry combat vet, wounded in action, and I'm just fed up with what I perceive as the decline and fall of America. I'm fed up with all these spoiled brats bitching about how tough it is and blaming everybody but themselves (any convenient target will do, rich people, business leaders, oil companies etc) for their own laziness and failures to achieve. 

I'm disgusted with the attempts of the (apparently) homosexual-dominated entertainment industry to shove their warped view of morality down our throats at every opportunity. (The latest outrage is NBC's new primetime sitcom, The New Normal.

I see this wonderful country that I fought for, that my family has fought for since Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville, becoming weak and effete. So I'm here to vent I guess.

Solar

Quote from: Door Kicker on June 18, 2012, 10:52:22 PM
I'm a dad and a Marine infantry combat vet, wounded in action, and I'm just fed up with what I perceive as the decline and fall of America. I'm fed up with all these spoiled brats bitching about how tough it is and blaming everybody but themselves (any convenient target will do, rich people, business leaders, oil companies etc) for their own laziness and failures to achieve. 

I'm disgusted with the attempts of the (apparently) homosexual-dominated entertainment industry to shove their warped view of morality down our throats at every opportunity. (The latest outrage is NBC's new primetime sitcom, The New Normal.

I see this wonderful country that I fought for, that my family has fought for since Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville, becoming weak and effete. So I'm here to vent I guess.
LOL!!!
Welcome DK, you should fit in nicely.And thank you for your service to the country!
I agree with everything you said, though I hadn't heard of the (new normal?) as of yet, sounds like more lib BS attempting to justify their perversions on us.
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

Q PATRIOT!!!

walkstall

Quote from: Door Kicker on June 18, 2012, 10:52:22 PM
I'm a dad and a Marine infantry combat vet, wounded in action, and I'm just fed up with what I perceive as the decline and fall of America. I'm fed up with all these spoiled brats bitching about how tough it is and blaming everybody but themselves (any convenient target will do, rich people, business leaders, oil companies etc) for their own laziness and failures to achieve. 

I'm disgusted with the attempts of the (apparently) homosexual-dominated entertainment industry to shove their warped view of morality down our throats at every opportunity. (The latest outrage is NBC's new primetime sitcom, The New Normal.

I see this wonderful country that I fought for, that my family has fought for since Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville, becoming weak and effete. So I'm here to vent I guess.


Hmm..Don't think the young kids even know about the battles of Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg and  Spotsylvania. (also know as the Wilderness Campaign)  Inless there from Virginia or the South.   Are you a Southern Gentleman?

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Always remember "Feelings Aren't Facts."

Door Kicker

Quote from: walkstall on June 18, 2012, 11:44:22 PM

Hmm..Don't think the young kids even know about the battles of Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg and  Spotsylvania. (also know as the Wilderness Campaign)  Inless there from Virginia or the South.   Are you a Southern Gentleman?


Northern by birth, Southern by the Grace of God. I've lived in the South most of my adult life. My G.G.G. Grandfather was with the 27th Connecticut, spent 12 hours pinned down on the field beneath Mayre's Heights at Fredericksburg and was later captured at Chancellorsville by Jackson's "Foot Cavalry."  :smile:

Door Kicker

Quote from: Solar on June 18, 2012, 11:31:23 PM
LOL!!!
Welcome DK, you should fit in nicely.And thank you for your service to the country!
I agree with everything you said, though I hadn't heard of the (new normal?) as of yet, sounds like more lib BS attempting to justify their perversions on us.


Thank you, and yes it is. About a couple of dudes who are "married" to each other and hire a woman to have a baby for them. It's ratings may serve as a measure of our decay.