• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

9th Circus Thinks We Don't Have a 2nd Amendment

Started by Solar, March 24, 2021, 09:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solar

Fuckin clueless twits don't even know they don't have any power over the 2nd.
So here's an open comment to you Marxist Traitors, FUCK OFF!


9th Circuit Court Rules Second Amendment Doesn't Guarantee Right To Open Carry

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a Hawaii gun regulation, ruling Wednesday that states can restrict the right to openly carry a firearm in public.

The 7-4 decision said restrictions on carrying guns in public do not fall within the scope of what is protected by the Second Amendment.

"The government may regulate, and even prohibit, in public places – including government buildings, churches, schools, and markets – the open carrying of small arms capable of being concealed, whether they are carried concealed or openly," Judge Jay Bybee wrote for the majority.

The majority based their decision on previous rulings and a review of both American and English law.

"We have never assumed that individuals have an unfettered right to carry weapons in public spaces," the majority ruled. "Indeed, we can find no general right to carry arms into the public square for self defense."

"The en banc court held that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an unfettered, general right to openly carry arms in public for individual self-defense. Accordingly, Hawaii's firearms-carry scheme is lawful."

The case was brought by George Young, who applied for a license twice in 2011 to carry a gun in public either openly or concealed and was denied both times because he didn't prove the "urgency or the need" to openly carry a firearm in public, the decision said. Instead, Young relied on his "general desire to carry a firearm for self-defense."

Under Hawaii's law, residents have to show the "urgency or the need" to carry a firearm in public and must be of good moral character and "engaged in the protection of life and property."

Young sued, arguing the "denial of his application for a handgun license violated his Second Amendment right to carry a loaded handgun in public for self-defense."

It is, after all, quite clear about govt intervention...


A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-does-not-guarantee-right-open-carry-george-young-hawaii/
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

winterset

It is going to be tough for Roberts to duck this one but you can bet he will try.

dickfoster

Quote from: Solar on March 24, 2021, 09:27:28 PM
Fuckin clueless twits don't even know they don't have any power over the 2nd.
So here's an open comment to you Marxist Traitors, FUCK OFF!


9th Circuit Court Rules Second Amendment Doesn't Guarantee Right To Open Carry

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a Hawaii gun regulation, ruling Wednesday that states can restrict the right to openly carry a firearm in public.

The 7-4 decision said restrictions on carrying guns in public do not fall within the scope of what is protected by the Second Amendment.

"The government may regulate, and even prohibit, in public places – including government buildings, churches, schools, and markets – the open carrying of small arms capable of being concealed, whether they are carried concealed or openly," Judge Jay Bybee wrote for the majority.

The majority based their decision on previous rulings and a review of both American and English law.

"We have never assumed that individuals have an unfettered right to carry weapons in public spaces," the majority ruled. "Indeed, we can find no general right to carry arms into the public square for self defense."

"The en banc court held that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an unfettered, general right to openly carry arms in public for individual self-defense. Accordingly, Hawaii's firearms-carry scheme is lawful."

The case was brought by George Young, who applied for a license twice in 2011 to carry a gun in public either openly or concealed and was denied both times because he didn't prove the "urgency or the need" to openly carry a firearm in public, the decision said. Instead, Young relied on his "general desire to carry a firearm for self-defense."

Under Hawaii's law, residents have to show the "urgency or the need" to carry a firearm in public and must be of good moral character and "engaged in the protection of life and property."

Young sued, arguing the "denial of his application for a handgun license violated his Second Amendment right to carry a loaded handgun in public for self-defense."

It is, after all, quite clear about govt intervention...


A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-does-not-guarantee-right-open-carry-george-young-hawaii/
Whatever could they possibly think the word BEAR means in the context of the 2nd? Perhaps they were thinking of big furry critters or giving birth to offspring. Perhaps they're all overdue for some mental capacity testing.
Crazy but not stupid!

supsalemgr

I am so glad I live in NC.

I was in the grocery store today. There was lady at checkout with her school age son. She was carrying with her gun in a holster. It was a non event for other store patrons. I chuckled to myself how this would freak out the leftists.
"If you can't run with the big dawgs, stay on the porch!"

Colin Norris

Quote from: Solar on March 24, 2021, 09:27:28 PM
Fuckin clueless twits don't even know they don't have any power over the 2nd.
So here's an open comment to you Marxist Traitors, FUCK OFF!

Aren't you a nice piece of work. And humble with it.

Incidentally, how has the 2nd amendment been any benefit to you?
No childish comments because you have no reasons.  Just the facts and no abuse. 
9th Circuit Court Rules Second Amendment Doesn't Guarantee Right To Open Carry

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a Hawaii gun regulation, ruling Wednesday that states can restrict the right to openly carry a firearm in public.

The 7-4 decision said restrictions on carrying guns in public do not fall within the scope of what is protected by the Second Amendment.

"The government may regulate, and even prohibit, in public places – including government buildings, churches, schools, and markets – the open carrying of small arms capable of being concealed, whether they are carried concealed or openly," Judge Jay Bybee wrote for the majority.

The majority based their decision on previous rulings and a review of both American and English law.

"We have never assumed that individuals have an unfettered right to carry weapons in public spaces," the majority ruled. "Indeed, we can find no general right to carry arms into the public square for self defense."

"The en banc court held that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an unfettered, general right to openly carry arms in public for individual self-defense. Accordingly, Hawaii's firearms-carry scheme is lawful."

The case was brought by George Young, who applied for a license twice in 2011 to carry a gun in public either openly or concealed and was denied both times because he didn't prove the "urgency or the need" to openly carry a firearm in public, the decision said. Instead, Young relied on his "general desire to carry a firearm for self-defense."

Under Hawaii's law, residents have to show the "urgency or the need" to carry a firearm in public and must be of good moral character and "engaged in the protection of life and property."

Young sued, arguing the "denial of his application for a handgun license violated his Second Amendment right to carry a loaded handgun in public for self-defense."

It is, after all, quite clear about govt intervention...


A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.


https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/24/ninth-circuit-second-amendment-does-not-guarantee-right-open-carry-george-young-hawaii/

Solar

Quote from: Colin Norris on April 12, 2021, 12:32:52 PM
Aren't you a nice piece of work. And humble with it.

Incidentally, how has the 2nd amendment been any benefit to you?
No childish comments because you have no reasons.  Just the facts and no abuse.
First off, learn the quote function. Secondly, cut the bull shit with your childish comments and try keeping it to actual discussion.

The Second benefits us all, especially those in need of instant help on the spot, when a cop is minutes away. I personally have saved lives, something we all know you wouldn't have the balls to do, put your own life on the line for complete strangers.
I live in a county where the sheriff actually encourages people to arm themselves because we are so rural, an hour would be a quick response.

In other words, when seconds count, and you need help, law enforcement will come in the form of a coroner over an hour later..
Difference is, here in the US, your chances are better that the coroner will be there for the punk that thought he could mug you.
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

UltimateDeplorable

No 2nd amendment?
Well, I didn't think that Biden, Harris, Omar, Maxine, or AOC had gray matter in their craniums, but they actually do! I think. So maybe someone needs to look at the constitution a bit closer. It's there!   :biggrin:
Finding an intelligent liberal is more difficult than  inventing perpetual motion.

Owebo


Solar

Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA

midcan5

One conservative justice agrees.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."


Check the stats from Brady's site:


https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics


"Fourteen-year-old boys are not part of a well-regulated militia. Members of wacky religious cults are not part of a well-regulated militia. Permitting unregulated citizens to have guns is destroying the security of this free state." Molly Ivins


Working class American, husband, father, grandpa, veteran, and still high on life.

Solar

Quote from: midcan5 on June 02, 2021, 10:30:06 PMOne conservative justice agrees.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."


Check the stats from Brady's site:


https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics


"Fourteen-year-old boys are not part of a well-regulated militia. Members of wacky religious cults are not part of a well-regulated militia. Permitting unregulated citizens to have guns is destroying the security of this free state." Molly Ivins
Just like a commie, reanimating the dead. Thing is, your opinion doesn't matter!
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA