• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
June 13, 2021, 09:57:01 AM

Amazon Scam

Started by walkstall, May 27, 2021, 07:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkstall

Just a heads up...

Got a voice mail on my cell phone, saying they were from Amazon.  They did not call me on my phone but sent me a voice mail. I was not on the phone all day and the phone did not show a missed call. He said someone charged 580.00$ on my Amazon account and gave me a call back number that I was to call.   

I do not buy on line and I do not have a Amazon account.
A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation.- James Freeman Clarke

Always remember "Feelings Aren't Facts."

SueAnn

Walks, I was getting those calls every other day for about 2 weeks.  I don't know what caused them to stop.

Grammy

If I get one of those calls, I'll definitely know it's a scam.  I've had an Amazon account for many many years, since way back when they were just a glorified "bookstore".  But the morning Jeff Bezos announced that he didn't care if he lost customers over his BLM position, I immediately closed that account, just moments after he spoke. When the customer rep asked why, I said, "Bezos says he doesn't care if he loses customers and I want to make sure I'm the first one in line to help him out."  Stupid Amazon.   :mad:
WWG1WGA

Solars Toy

Quote from: Grammy on May 27, 2021, 08:13:35 AMIf I get one of those calls, I'll definitely know it's a scam.  I've had an Amazon account for many many years, since way back when they were just a glorified "bookstore".  But the morning Jeff Bezos announced that he didn't care if he lost customers over his BLM position, I immediately closed that account, just moments after he spoke. When the customer rep asked why, I said, "Bezos says he doesn't care if he loses customers and I want to make sure I'm the first one in line to help him out."  Stupid Amazon.  :mad:

I haven't fully walked away but have definitely cut back.  I always try to order direct from the vendor if I can.

Toy
I pray, not wish because I have a God not a Genie.

dickfoster

Quote from: Grammy on May 27, 2021, 08:13:35 AMIf I get one of those calls, I'll definitely know it's a scam.  I've had an Amazon account for many many years, since way back when they were just a glorified "bookstore".  But the morning Jeff Bezos announced that he didn't care if he lost customers over his BLM position, I immediately closed that account, just moments after he spoke. When the customer rep asked why, I said, "Bezos says he doesn't care if he loses customers and I want to make sure I'm the first one in line to help him out."  Stupid Amazon.  :mad:
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Crazy but not stupid!

Hoofer

Quote from: walkstall on May 27, 2021, 07:39:34 AMJust a heads up...

Got a voice mail on my cell phone, saying they were from Amazon.  They did not call me on my phone but sent me a voice mail. I was not on the phone all day and the phone did not show a missed call. He said someone charged 580.00$ on my Amazon account and gave me a call back number that I was to call. 

I do not buy on line and I do not have a Amazon account.

We got 2 of those, the same day, and funny, $580 also.  We don't have an Amazon credit account either.  As soon as I said that, they immediately hung up.   

Same goes for the Credit Card calls, if they say they can "lower our interest rate" - we respond with "How do I get a -blank- credit card?  You said I could lower it to zero, how do I get that card?" -click-

We use to get emails regarding Ebay, saying we OWED money to an account we never had.  Or, Pay Pal to an account we never had.   I suspect there will be *more* of those Ebay & Amazon emails & calls coming, they've worn out the Car Insurance scam.
All animals are created equal; Some just take longer to cook.   Survival is keeping an eye on those around you...

Solar

Quote from: Hoofer on May 28, 2021, 04:55:58 AMWe got 2 of those, the same day, and funny, $580 also.  We don't have an Amazon credit account either.  As soon as I said that, they immediately hung up. 

Same goes for the Credit Card calls, if they say they can "lower our interest rate" - we respond with "How do I get a -blank- credit card?  You said I could lower it to zero, how do I get that card?" -click-

We use to get emails regarding Ebay, saying we OWED money to an account we never had.  Or, Pay Pal to an account we never had.  I suspect there will be *more* of those Ebay & Amazon emails & calls coming, they've worn out the Car Insurance scam.
I laugh when they call and tell me I owe money. I always pay cash for everything and I don't have any bills outside my hardline and Dish.
So I know it's fraud immediately.
Official Trump Cult Member

#WWG1WGA