• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Black suspect In twin cities suburb shot while resisting

Started by Mimsy, April 12, 2021, 05:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Quote from: p1tchblack on April 15, 2021, 05:56:31 AM
I know it wasn't intentional, but there are a lot of people who would see shooting him as ok for trying to run or because getting into the car supposedly posed a threat to the officer's life.
Once he is in his car, the suspect now could have access to weapons, even the car can become a weapon. Now, more people could be at risk. That is why the police was trying to taser him. Maybe what we need is an educational program taught in schools, say the third grade, where students are taught the proper way to respond to the police. The teacher could make a game, police says "raise your hands" and the students can practice raising their hands. Just think of all the lives that could be saved. Of course, not breaking the law could also be taught but with liberal politicians encouraging crime such as looting and burning of buildings, that probably will not happen. 

RV

Quote from: Possum on April 15, 2021, 06:28:28 AM
Once he is in his car, the suspect now could have access to weapons, even the car can become a weapon. Now, more people could be at risk. That is why the police was trying to taser him. Maybe what we need is an educational program taught in schools, say the third grade, where students are taught the proper way to respond to the police. The teacher could make a game, police says "raise your hands" and the students can practice raising their hands. Just think of all the lives that could be saved. Of course, not breaking the law could also be taught but with liberal politicians encouraging crime such as looting and burning of buildings, that probably will not happen.

ABSOLUTELY! Well said.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
RV

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path."

Billy's bayonet

Quote from: supsalemgr on April 15, 2021, 03:16:17 AM
So what actions should law enforcement take when a person resists arrest?

REASONABLE AMOUNT OF FORCE NECESSARY

& in conjuction with the use of force continuum  which is the law with about every PD in the USA
Evil operates best when under a disguise

WHEN A CRIME GOES UNPUNISHED THE WORLD IS UNBALANCED

WHEN A WRONG IS UNAVENGED THE HEAVENS LOOK DOWN ON US IN SHAME

IMPEACH BIDEN

RV

Quote from: Billy's bayonet on April 15, 2021, 09:33:55 AM
REASONABLE AMOUNT OF FORCE NECESSARY

& in conjuction with the use of force continuum  which is the law with about every PD in the USA

If the officer is murdered (i.e. ran over, beaten, shot, etc.) and dead is it "reasonable" to use lethal force then?
RV

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path."

Pop Daddy

Quote from: p1tchblack on April 15, 2021, 05:56:31 AM
I know it wasn't intentional, but there are a lot of people who would see shooting him as ok for trying to run or because getting into the car supposedly posed a threat to the officer's life.

Well count me as one of them.  I would have shot the piece of shit square between the eyes had it been me there.  He was a known piece of shit and the police knew who they were dealing with.  The stupid piece of shit got what was long overdue.  His mother knew he was a piece of shit along with all his friends.  He was facing serious time in prison and he knew  it.  Why do you think he skipped on his trail date?  And no, it wasn't because he had mid terms at his medical school.

I guess you've never been around scum bag criminals.  They will lie, steal, cheat and take you out in a heartbeat if the need arises.  Career thugs don't change until they are caught and punished one way or the other.  This time this particular piece of shit got what was coming his way.  Two weeks from now it could have been one of the "brothers" in his ghetto taking him out in a drive by or just gang violence.

The piece of shit knew the woman he was attempting to rob.  That's the thug life.  The worthless dregs of society have no ethics.  He had been out on bail, he was ordered to not have any weapons and he's wanted on a weapons charge, along with others.  Good riddance.

Look at the upside, he gave all his hood animal buddies the excuse they needed to go and loot a new pair of Nike's.  Win/win.  The animals got new shoes, a couple cases of Colt 45 Malt Liquor and the world has one less turd walking around in search of another victim. 

Gotta love libtards with their all lives matter bullshit, unless of course they are talking about killing a baby, then it's a choice not a life.

Sick Of Silence

Quote from: p1tchblack on April 15, 2021, 05:37:12 AM
I'm not defending criminals.  I don't condone running from police, assaulting police or not obeying orders, but to say that doing any of those things automatically gives the government the right to kill you is not ok.

Yes you are.

That's ultimately what you and every leftist is doing within this conversation: defund, disable, and disrespect police; act like a carrer thug criminal who just committed another crime is innocent and put them on a pedestal; burn, murder, loot, and commit crimes in the process of "protesting".
Social Media are multi-national billion dollar corporations with foreign investors that are going unchecked with the power to effect our election process.

"Book burnings" have evolved into "de-plat forming". Its the same principles behind both: to eliminate accessible knowledge.

Sick Of Silence

Quote from: Pop Daddy on April 15, 2021, 11:22:00 AM
Well count me as one of them.  I would have shot the piece of shit square between the eyes had it been me there.  He was a known piece of shit and the police knew who they were dealing with.  The stupid piece of shit got what was long overdue.  His mother knew he was a piece of shit along with all his friends.  He was facing serious time in prison and he knew  it.  Why do you think he skipped on his trail date?  And no, it wasn't because he had mid terms at his medical school.

I guess you've never been around scum bag criminals.  They will lie, steal, cheat and take you out in a heartbeat if the need arises.  Career thugs don't change until they are caught and punished one way or the other.  This time this particular piece of shit got what was coming his way.  Two weeks from now it could have been one of the "brothers" in his ghetto taking him out in a drive by or just gang violence.

The piece of shit knew the woman he was attempting to rob.  That's the thug life.  The worthless dregs of society have no ethics.  He had been out on bail, he was ordered to not have any weapons and he's wanted on a weapons charge, along with others.  Good riddance.

Look at the upside, he gave all his hood animal buddies the excuse they needed to go and loot a new pair of Nike's.  Win/win.  The animals got new shoes, a couple cases of Colt 45 Malt Liquor and the world has one less turd walking around in search of another victim. 

Gotta love libtards with their all lives matter bullshit, unless of course they are talking about killing a baby, then it's a choice not a life.

I agree.

We, as civilized humans, are soft on crime. There should not be a thing as career criminals.
Social Media are multi-national billion dollar corporations with foreign investors that are going unchecked with the power to effect our election process.

"Book burnings" have evolved into "de-plat forming". Its the same principles behind both: to eliminate accessible knowledge.

BayouCountry

Quote from: p1tchblack on April 15, 2021, 03:42:46 AM
The action of tasing him, especially if the car was on and in gear, is risky.  If the car wasn't running, tasing is the correct action.  If he still manages to get free of police and drive away - let him.  Call for back up, track him down,  stop him and arrest him.  Shooting and killing him is not a correct action.

I'll play.  What if he drove to your sisters house and killed the family?  Criminals who resist arrest need to be taken down ASAP for public safety.  The one exception may be a high speed chase.

We can armchair quarterback all day long, but it doesn't take away the fact that there was a real threat to the officers lives.  There may have been a weapon in the vehicle as far as the officers knew at that time. 

RV

Quote from: Sick Of Silence on April 15, 2021, 11:44:42 AM
I agree.

We, as civilized humans, are soft on crime. There should not be a thing as career criminals.

Ya' know I've heard liberals make the statement that supposedly the U.S. has more criminals locked up than any other country. We are freer than any other country and it makes perfect sense that there are some people who think that they have some kind of "right" to rape, steal and kill others. Of course we should take them off the street, usurp their freedom and punish them for their criminal activity. You cannot have "rights" and "freedom" unless EVERYONE is free except those who victimize others.
RV

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path."

Billy's bayonet

Quote from: RV on April 15, 2021, 10:42:04 AM
If the officer is murdered (i.e. ran over, beaten, shot, etc.) and dead is it "reasonable" to use lethal force then?

The idea is to use force to prevent onesself or others being murdered, injured or assaulted.

https://www.policetest.info/force-continuum
Evil operates best when under a disguise

WHEN A CRIME GOES UNPUNISHED THE WORLD IS UNBALANCED

WHEN A WRONG IS UNAVENGED THE HEAVENS LOOK DOWN ON US IN SHAME

IMPEACH BIDEN

RV

Quote from: Billy's bayonet on April 15, 2021, 10:53:40 PM
The idea is to use force to prevent onesself or others being murdered, injured or assaulted.

https://www.policetest.info/force-continuum

Operative word "prevent". After the officer has been assaulted, ran over, etc. it is too late. That would mean that the officer was supposed to "prevent" the perp/criminal from harming them or someone else. Given that definition, I can say AGAIN that the officer DID "prevent" him/herself and others from being harmed, assaulted or killed.
RV

"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path."

p1tchblack

Quote from: Possum on April 15, 2021, 06:28:28 AM
Once he is in his car, the suspect now could have access to weapons, even the car can become a weapon. Now, more people could be at risk. That is why the police was trying to taser him. Maybe what we need is an educational program taught in schools, say the third grade, where students are taught the proper way to respond to the police. The teacher could make a game, police says "raise your hands" and the students can practice raising their hands. Just think of all the lives that could be saved. Of course, not breaking the law could also be taught but with liberal politicians encouraging crime such as looting and burning of buildings, that probably will not happen.

The suspect could have access to a weapon... or he could not.  The car could be used as a weapon... or it could not.

If a government employee is going to end someone's life, I think there should be based on something more than "could", because you "could" find reason to kill people in virtually any situation.  There's the Daniel Shaver incident.  Dillon... Taylor?  I don't recall his last name.

I know the shooting wasn't intentional, but there are plenty of people (I'd bet on this forum) who honestly believe it's ok for police to kill people simply for not obeying commands or fleeing, despite the fact that this is no threat on the life of the officer.  I don't think that's ok. 

p1tchblack

Quote from: Sick Of Silence on April 15, 2021, 11:39:44 AM
Yes you are.

That's ultimately what you and every leftist is doing within this conversation: defund, disable, and disrespect police; act like a carrer thug criminal who just committed another crime is innocent and put them on a pedestal; burn, murder, loot, and commit crimes in the process of "protesting".

Wow... that is one gigantic straw man!

Possum

Quote from: p1tchblack on April 16, 2021, 12:56:38 AM
The suspect could have access to a weapon... or he could not.  The car could be used as a weapon... or it could not.

If a government employee is going to end someone's life, I think there should be based on something more than "could", because you "could" find reason to kill people in virtually any situation.  There's the Daniel Shaver incident.  Dillon... Taylor?  I don't recall his last name.

I know the shooting wasn't intentional, but there are plenty of people (I'd bet on this forum) who honestly believe it's ok for police to kill people simply for not obeying commands or fleeing, despite the fact that this is no threat on the life of the officer.  I don't think that's ok.
Again, you are putting all the responsibility for the outcome on the police. It was not the police that made the suspect turn and run, try to get into the car, and try to either escape or to use a weapon. That is all on the suspect. It is the police who is risking his life to do a job, the suspect chooses to risk his life by committing the crime.  Answer this, had the suspect cooperated with the police, would he be alive today?

Sick Of Silence

Quote from: p1tchblack on April 16, 2021, 12:58:52 AM
Wow... that is one gigantic straw man!

That's what you are doing. Arguing what the police should do, and not what the criminal should do. Before we can fine tune the police, there has to be an overhaul of criminal behavior. It may be another discussion, but let's start with the generations of bad inner city culture, generations of single parenthood, and the generations of outside influence (media, politics, etc.)
Social Media are multi-national billion dollar corporations with foreign investors that are going unchecked with the power to effect our election process.

"Book burnings" have evolved into "de-plat forming". Its the same principles behind both: to eliminate accessible knowledge.