June 13, 2021, 08:37:32 AM
Mobile Main Menu
Conservative Political Forum
Started by taxed, May 27, 2021, 06:15:13 PM
At some point, the money is due.
Location: Atlanta, GA
May 27, 2021, 06:15:13 PM
: May 27, 2021, 06:18:43 PM by taxed
After 11 years, we've finally decided to get serious and have doubled the number of our forum rules. So, instead of 1 rule, we now have 2.
The first rule is the same as it's been from day one, which is when called to provide proof to a point or argument, you must back it up.
Most of us conservatives on the forum are pretty much already in sync, but for newbies and libs who unwittingly stroll in here like a fly deciding to take a rest on a spider web, they're more often than not conditioned to parrot Marxist propaganda without thinking. Forcing them to prove their statements makes it very difficult to spread lies, and sometimes forces them to realize how they've been wrong. Most importantly, it helps educate visitors.
If someone is repeatedly and blatantly avoiding requests to back up their claims, then hit the report button and an admin or moderator will give them a nice, gentle, encouraging running swift kick in the ass.
The new rule:
Always post the full link to a source. Don't use the URL shortening services, like bitly or tiny url. Also, don't embed URLs in text. Example:
For security, all links need to be out in the open so everyone knows what they're clicking on.
That's pretty much it.
Conservatives don't need rules, because being the clean, lawful, and environmentally conscious productive members of society, we know how to co-exist with others and police ourselves while respecting our neighbors. It's why leftist forums turn into an online version of CHAZ or a George Floyd event, and why we get to have discussions and debates and have a good time.
If you're overly trolling or just being an ass, you're susceptible to getting time-outs like little children.
We also have some notes and suggestions that we'd appreciate if you oblige, but it's not the end of the world if you don't:
- if you have a video clip, try to first see if it's on one of the alternative video platforms before posting YouTube. The fewer links to satanic-based platforms built in Pedo Alto, the better, but we understand YouTube is the biggest and weening everyone off it is a long play.
- try to separate your commentary from any snippet of an article you copied-pasted. Few things drive me crazier than not being able to tell where your commentary ends and the article's begins, or vice versa. It's also ethical to make sure it's obvious the article's content is being cited.
- try to remove advertisements from cut-and-paste, because it's confusing as hell.
- if your thread is moved, don't throw a hissy fit. What you consider a major story might be considered a distraction by us. Also, we don't delete threads (on purpose), so if a thread seems to be missing, it's likely we moved it and you just can't find it.
- if you throw a hissy fit and decide to delete your account, I pretty much reject delete requests by habit because we know everyone always comes back once they cool down and realize they can't live without us. If you're hot, take some time and cool off.
- learn to use the quote button. It's a pattern we use here, and many of us core members are too old to adjust our brains to new patterns.
- adhere to fair use laws by not posting entire articles. Government content is fine to post in entirety.
- this isn't a "free speech" forum, which is a term that's been bastardized. This is a private forum, and we choose to be a dictatorship. With that said, you can pretty much post about whatever you want, as long as it doesn't break the law.
- don't get upset if posts that steer into religion get moved to the religion forum. It's a passionate topic, and if left unchecked experience tells us it will dominate threads in other forums. If you feel a topic branching off into religion, start up a new thread in the religion forum.
- if you post a new thread with an article or video, try to lay down some commentary. Social media has made us all lazy (me included), so let's try to make our brains think about what's interesting or relevant about the topic we're posting, as not everyone can read minds.
Conservative Political Forum
Terms and Rules
Go Up ▲
SMF 2.1 RC3 © 2020