• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Example of what i mean. Larry Hogan can win Maryland

Started by ldub23, January 12, 2022, 01:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldub23

Yes, he  is  by far  not a  conservative but  he  is the  Best we can get  in Maryland to win a senate race. In 2016 Van Hollen won 61-36%. In this  poll(yes its an internal poll) he  is  leading  Van  Hollen by 12%. Thats an incredible  37% swing. If  he  can take the seat  in MD thats an awesome thing. I  might send  him some  Virginia money.

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1481263323626758146

Possum

Quote from: ldub23 on January 12, 2022, 01:23:40 AMYes, he  is  by far  not a  conservative but  he  is the  Best we can get  in Maryland to win a senate race. In 2016 Van Hollen won 61-36%. In this  poll(yes its an internal poll) he  is  leading  Van  Hollen by 12%. Thats an incredible  37% swing. If  he  can take the seat  in MD thats an awesome thing. I  might send  him some  Virginia money.

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1481263323626758146
Why settle for democrat light?

ldub23

Quote from: Possum on January 12, 2022, 01:28:22 AMWhy settle for democrat light?

2 reasons. 51 means everything and you  tell me the  conservative that can win in very  liberal MD.

supsalemgr

Quote from: Possum on January 12, 2022, 01:28:22 AMWhy settle for democrat light?

Because it would be another signal the democrat party is DEAD. Democrat heads that didn't explode when VA elected Youngkin would go if he beat Van Hollen.
"If you can't run with the big dawgs, stay on the porch!"

ldub23

Quote from: supsalemgr on January 12, 2022, 04:44:39 AMBecause it would be another signal the democrat party is DEAD. Democrat heads that didn't explode when VA elected Youngkin would go if he beat Van Hollen.

Well said.

Possum

Quote from: supsalemgr on January 12, 2022, 04:44:39 AMBecause it would be another signal the democrat party is DEAD. Democrat heads that didn't explode when VA elected Youngkin would go if he beat Van Hollen.
As long as we keep settling for liberal republicans the democrat party has hope. I know the time to do that is in the primaries, but since the liberal democrats are dying, we don't need to keep the liberal republican on life support.

ldub23

Quote from: Possum on January 12, 2022, 07:11:27 AMAs long as we keep settling for liberal republicans the democrat party has hope. I know the time to do that is in the primaries, but since the liberal democrats are dying, we don't need to keep the liberal republican on life support.

So, run a  conservative that  cant win in a  primary  so dems keep the  majority?

Billy's bayonet

Quote from: ldub23 on January 12, 2022, 01:37:04 AM2 reasons. 51 means everything and you  tell me the  conservative that can win in very  liberal MD.

"Very Liberal Md" suffers from the same issues "Very Liberal Virginia" does. The left are concentrated in the Baltimore to DC corridor, the rest of the State to the West is VERY conservative as is the eastern shore. Once you get out of the Marist Confederation of Northern Va and Richmond its pretty much Red
Evil operates best when under a disguise

WHEN A CRIME GOES UNPUNISHED THE WORLD IS UNBALANCED

WHEN A WRONG IS UNAVENGED THE HEAVENS LOOK DOWN ON US IN SHAME

IMPEACH BIDEN

Possum

Quote from: ldub23 on January 12, 2022, 09:11:40 AMSo, run a  conservative that  cant win in a  primary  so dems keep the  majority?
Dems are not going to keep their majority.

ldub23

Quote from: Billy's bayonet on January 12, 2022, 09:24:56 AM"Very Liberal Md" suffers from the same issues "Very Liberal Virginia" does. The left are concentrated in the Baltimore to DC corridor, the rest of the State to the West is VERY conservative as is the eastern shore. Once you get out of the Marist Confederation of Northern Va and Richmond its pretty much Red

And that  means  nothing. Maryland  is a  liberal state regarless where the  votes are.

ldub23

Quote from: Possum on January 12, 2022, 09:37:45 AMDems are not going to keep their majority.

They will if you  insist  on pure candidates  running  in every state.

Billy's bayonet

Quote from: ldub23 on January 12, 2022, 09:50:53 AMAnd that  means  nothing. Maryland  is a  liberal state regarless where the  votes are.

Having overwhelming pockets of leftists in large cities doesn't make you a "liberal" state...Virginia just found that out with Youngkin being sworn in tomorrow
Evil operates best when under a disguise

WHEN A CRIME GOES UNPUNISHED THE WORLD IS UNBALANCED

WHEN A WRONG IS UNAVENGED THE HEAVENS LOOK DOWN ON US IN SHAME

IMPEACH BIDEN